ROCK THE KASBAH TOUR
Rock the Kasbah tour of Morocco Sahara Desert and Marrakech will take you into the labyrinthine streets of Marrakech Medina with its colorful Souks and palaces, then deeper into Morocco Sahara desert with its fortified Kasbahs, lush green oases and sunset over the color changing sand dunes.
- Upon arrival at Marrakech airport, meet your guide and transfer to your riad.
Spend the rest of the morning at leisure at your riad.
After lunch, meet your guide for an afternoon walking tour of Marrakech including BenyoussefMedersa, with its neighbouring museum of Marrakech before you continue to the Souks where you will visit a trdational bakery and the artisans shop located in the heart of the Foundouks. The tour will end at Jamaa Dinner and overnight at your riad.
- After breakfast, meet your guide and horse drawn carriage. Drive past Gueliz, the old French quarter to Majorelle Gardens. No visit to Marrakech is complete without a visit to the beautiful Gardens created by the French artist « Majorelle » who braught some exhotic plants from all over the world. Don’t miss the Berber arts museum located inside the gardens.
From here, hop into your vehicle and drive east past the High Atlas Mountains passing by one Berber Village after with fortified walls and stone houses with earthen roof tops. You will be amazed how life here stayed unchanged centuries ago.
Lunch will be served half way in TiziNtichka Pass. Before we continue down hill to the UNESCO world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. A few Hollywood epics used the village as a set for their movies, along with some famous fashon magazines and commercial shoots.
After a visit of the Kasbah and some time at leisure to explore the village or enjoy a cup of mint tea in the terrace of one of the cafés facing the Kasbah, we continue to Ouarzazate.
Dinner and overnight in Ouarzazate.
- After breakfast, we will continue east to the village of Agdez, a beautiful oasis with a famous Kasbah called Tamnougalt. We will have lunch served in the Kasbah after an hour walk in the oasis and the village.
From here we will cross the pass of AitSaouen where we will discover a dramatic view on top : Dry and arid vies on one side, and fertile green oases of Draa Valley on the other.
We will go down hill to follow Draariver, which gave life to a huge oasis about 200 km long at the foot hills of the Atlas Mountains. This Valley has been coveted for centuries by the nomads.
On the way to Zagora, several palm groves will bring their shades between Kasbahs and Ksours dotted with fields of corn, barley, vegetables and Henna plantations.
Dinner and overnight in Zagora.
- Today, we will cross the volcanic peaks of JbelSaghro towards east south across a lunatic landscape and passing by lost oases in the middle of nowhere.
Lunch will be served at the village of Alnif.
Continue to the legendary town of Rissani, from where trading camel caravans used to start their journey towards Mali across the Sahara desert.
From here we will continue to the edge of the desert in Merzouga where the Saharan sand dunes begin. Here, you will start an adventure riding your camels and assisting to one of the most dramatic sunsets ever !
Arrive at your luxury Sahara desert camp nestled in the middle of the colour changing sand dunes.
Dinner will be served under the stars while the local nomads entertain you with their drums.
- Optional early wake to watch the sunset over the colour changing sand dunes before your Moroccan breakfast in the Sahara desert camp.
Today, we will cross the Saharan plains where we can spot the nomads herding their camels before we reach the marvelous Valley of Todgha, a lush green oasis running along a beautiful deep valley inhabited all along by the Berber tribes in Kasbahs and fortified villages. Take a walk along the spectacular canyons and stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we continue to Dades Valley famous for its amazing rock formations.
Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
- This morning, we will cross the road of the Kasbahs with its elaborately decorated facades to KalaaMgouna, and its Valley of the Roses known for its Damascus roses plantation, and traditional rose water and perfume manifacturing. If your tour coincides with the roses harvesting season ( April to june ), we will visit a rose water cooperative run by the local Berber women.
We continue to the oasis of Skoura where we will stop for a visit of visit the typical Kasbah museum of Amridil, where we will learn about the Berbers life style, Kasbah architecture, and traditional irrigation systems our ancestors managed to establish to drive water to their oases.
We arriveOuarzazate for lunch before we continue to Marrakech crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
Dinnerand overnight at your Marrakech Riad.
- Today, you will the morning at leisure or continue to explore Marrakech with your guide.
In the afternoon, pamper yourself at one of the best oriental spas in the Medina.
A farewell dinner will be organized at a Moroccan restaurant with local entertainment.
- Spend the rest of the day at leisure before your departure to Marrakech airport for your return flight.
NOTE : If the itineraries that we offer does not match what you’re looking for ,contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.