7 Days Trekking in Jebel Sirwa
Jebel Sirwa is considered as the link between the High Atlas and Anti-Atlas, JbelSirwa or Siroua is a high and dismantled very large volcano from which emerges singularly dykes and pellets of black lava. Sirwa culminates at 3305m. It extends over 350 km2 and consists of both green valleys, stone villages, cliffs, gorges, plateaus and alpine meadows. It offers an impressive view of the vast Sahara.
Marrakech – Talioune – Akhfamane
- After an early transfer from Marrakech we arrive in Taliouine (984m), a main trailhead for treks in the Sirwa massif. Here we load our mules and set off for the first part of the trek, a straightforward and easy walk of about 4 or 5 hours to Akhfamane (1250m) where we spend the night in a Berber house (gite).
(Alternatively we can drive to Akhfamane if we arrive too late from Marrakech).
Akhfamane – Mazwad – Ti n’Iddr
- Today’s walk takes us along two river valleys and eventually up to our camp site at Ti n’Iddr (1600m) – a total of about 6 hours walking. The area is generally barren with little shade, though we pass through several small typical Berber villages surrounded by terraces.
Ti n’Iddr – Guilez
- This is a more demanding day – about 6 – 7 hours walking – gradually climbing 1000m to Tegragra (2650m) where we camp for the night. It is at times difficult walking and we pass through Atougha, the last village before the summit of Sirwa. Once we have passed Atougha the trail becomes narrow and at times steep,with many zigzags. We pass just below Jebel Guiliz (2905m) before arriving at a large pool where we set up camp.
Tegraga – Jebel Sirwa summit – Tizgui
- After an early start to ensure reaching the summit before the full heat of the day, we set off for the summit of Sirwa (3305m), a ascent of 2 – 3 hours over difficult terrain involving steep climbs, some scrambling and ridge walking. But the views from the summit are breathtaking and well worth the effort. The descent to Tizgui (2200m) where we camp for the night takes about 4 hours.
Tizgui – Tagouyam – Tizlit
- We continue our gradual descent, passing through a number of typical villages on our way down to Tizlit (1700m) near where we set up camp for the night .A total of about 5 hours walking.
Tizlit – Ifrane – Tinfat
- Although this is a long distance – about 20 kms – it is fairly easy going and should take about 6 – 7 hours. We continue our gradual descent passing through terraced fields and small Berber villages to arrive, finally, at Tinfat where we spend the night in a Berber house (gite) or camping.
Tinfat – Taliouine – Marrakech
- From Tinfat we are transported back through Taliouine to Marrakech.
Accommodation in Gites, Mountain hut, Berber homes & Bivouac.
All Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Mules for luggage .
Bivouac & Kitchen Materiel.
|Travel & Accident Insurance.|
Drinks and items of a personal nature.
Anything else not mentioned on (section what’s included).