For some, having to take a long haul flight to Morocco for a visit is a life time opportunity that may not be repeated again, and taking full advantage of it to plan a Grand tour of Morocco is essential.
Arrival in Tangiers/Chefchaouen
- Depending on your time of arrival in Tangier you will have the chance to visit this city that has been in the possession of the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans, Vandals, Arabs, Portuguese and British. We will visit the Sultan’s Palace, Dar El Makhzen. At the entrance of the medina is the old residence of the representative of the Sultan. Today it is a court with a wonderful garden full of trees. You will continue on to Chefchaouen.
- This day is dedicated to visiting the simple town of Chefchaouen, where everyone has to become used to climbing mountains because of the location of this small city nestled in the mountains. An image of serenity, Chefchaouen is quiet and is worth a visit to savour the contrast with the large cities.
- After breakfast we head to the beautiful Fes: one of the most important imperial cities of Morocco.
- You will begin your day by touring the old city of Fez (Fes el-Bali) and its medina, the largest and most famous of the Arab world, entering from Bab boujloud which is a huge door and entrance into the old medina you will head towards Dar Batha, a Hispanic-Moorish building that houses a fine museum of folk art. You will then visit the Medersa mosque an old Quranic school in Fez medina where boys studied the Koran in classrooms where you will see its magnificent patio. The tour then continues through the tannery Chouara, you will discover the fascinating process of how the animals skins are treated and dyed, from the first clean-up to the hair colouring with the most beautiful natural colours. We will then go to the mosque of El Qaraouiyine, founded in the ninth century by a woman and thought to be one of the oldest universities in the world. The city tour ends passing through the square Seffarine, where coppersmiths and tinkers populate the square and adjacent streets. You will emerge from the medina through Bab Semmarine which is an exit from the medina that is located close to the site of the king’s palace.
- After breakfast you will head to the nearby city of Ifrane, nicknamed the” Switzerland of Morocco” where you can see the storks nesting on the roofs of the houses. You will have the chance to take a walk around Ifrane and see the local sites before setting of in the direction of Merzouga a small village in the Sahara Desert. The first village you will see along the way is Azrou, which is of Berber origin, located in the heart of a national park of 53,000 acres on a limestone plateau surrounded by forests of cedars and oaks, in the midst of ancient volcanoes. Azrou is also famous for the presence of a large number of monkeys in the forest that surrounds it which you can stop and feed and get photos of. You will then take the road that climbs the Middle Atlas along the pass of Zad and on to the town of Midelt at 1488m altitude. Midelt is not particularly touristy but is famous from a geological point of view with crystal structures colourful and amazing located nearby. Here you can take a break for lunch. From Midelt the road goes through the beautiful gorge of Ziz until you get to Er-Rachidia, in the Southern Province. You will then arrive in Rissani, the gateway to the desert, and from there to Merzouga in the late afternoon to a traditional desert hotel with swimming pool, before sunset, you can make a wonderful walk around the nearby dunes of Erg Chebbi. Here you will have a traditional dinner in front of the fire and to the rhythm of drums and songs of the Berber people, Tuareg and the south of Morocco.
Tours in Merzouga
- After breakfast and a refreshing dip in the pool you will take the 4×4 for a tour to some nearby caves where natural fossils can be found, then you will go to the small and ancient village of Tissrdmin where many movies have been filmed, taking the road which passes along the route of the famous Paris – Dakar rally. You will then pass through the Black Desert with its volcanic stones where we will take tea with a Tuareg family. Then you will arrive at the village of Kamlia, famous for its inhabitants from black Africa and their music. This village is also famous for the festival of music and dance that takes place every year during the first week of August. From here you will go to see the lake DayetSrji with its pink flamingos. You will return then to Rissani where we will eat a Berber pizza for lunch with its 44 spices with a Tuareg family. You will get to see the local traditions and customs and you will see the items that arrive here with the caravans. Rissani was once the economic capital of Morocco and the center of the caravans leaving for the desert. You will then we will visit the Kasbah of this town before returning to the hotel to relax before taking the camels for a trek into the dunes. After a camel trek of about an hour and a half you will arrive at the Berber tents where you will watch the sunset and spend the night. Here the local guide will prepare for you a traditional dinner and then you can take a walk up the big dunes of 300m to see the stars, shooting stars, and if you are lucky even the Milky Way. Truly amazing!
Merzouga - Dades Gorges
- Wake up early in the morning to see the sunrise and the different colours of the dunes in the morning sun. You will then take the camel trek back to the hotel from where, after a shower and breakfast, we will resume the tour in the south. You will take the road to the Todra Gorge, where the film Lawrence of Arabia was filmed, one of the most beautiful areas of southern Morocco. Here you will also make a stop for lunch and from there you will head onto BoumalneDades where we begin the 25 km long journey into the valley
- After breakfast you will travel to the valley of roses, by the route of 1000 Kasbah, where you will see many kasbahs, buildings that are typical for the south of Morocco. You will make a stop at the main town in the valley, El-KalaaM’gouna famous for the blossoming of this flower from which the locals make many products for body care. From here you will head to Skoura to visit the kasbah of this area and take a break for lunch. We will continue to Ouarzazate after lunch and visit the largest and most famous film studios in all Africa, the Atlas Studios, where films such as Gladiator and kingdom of heaven were filmed. You will then visit the kasbah of OuarzazateTaourirt and then proceed to the Kasbah of AitBenhaddou. Here you can visit this famous Kasbah, a UNESCO world heritage site and the scene of the filming for films such as Gladiator, Babel, Lawrence of Arabia, The Legionary, The tea in the desert and many others. After dinner you will overnight stay at the riad.
The Tours Of Marrakech
- You will start by visiting the Bahia palace, or the” beautiful”, the nickname of the favored abode of the rich vizier Ba Ahmed, built around 1880. From there to the palace Dar Si- Said also a splendid residence of the brother of the Vizier. Near these two buildings you can see the outside of the Mosque El-Mansour also known as the Mosque of the kasbah, easily recognizable thanks to its minaret with turquoise arabesques. You will continue with a visit to the Saadian tombs, the garden which belonged to the mosque of El-Mansour, who guards the tombs of the kings of this dynasty and family. If you are interested there is the possibility of going to a traditional Moroccan hammam in the afternoon and / or a massage with Argan oil. You will return to the riad for dinner. After dinner you will take a walk to the big square Jamaa el-Fna where you will find its characteristic street vendors which ensure a continuous show. You will meet fortune tellers, snake charmers, small groups of musicians, water carriers, and tattooists. You will spend the night at Rabat is the capital of Morocco. Your visit to the capital will begin by seeing the ancient walls of the old city which are more than 5 km long and were built on the order of Sultan Yacoub el-Mansour, giving the city a very special character that sets it apart. You will pass through the medina and its souks, more authentic than other stores because the products are targeted to local customers and therefore less touristy. You will then visit the kasbah of Oudaia, a terrible tribe of predators who lived there in the twelfth century. You will then visit the Hassan 2nd Tower where the 4 facades are decorated differently from one another, three are shades of pink and one is grey due to the sea breeze, the ruins of the old mosque and the mausoleum of Mohammed V are located next to the tower both are masterpieces of traditional Moroccan architecture full of high-quality materials from around the world and beautiful decorations. From here you will return to the new city to see the Royal Palace, the official residence of King Mohamed 6th and the adjacent necropolis Chellah, built in 1339 to house the tombs of the Merinid dynasty. You will dine at a local restaurant and spend the night in a riad.
- In the morning after breakfast you will head from Rabat to Meknes. Meknes is the smallest of the imperial cities. You will begin your visit to this city at the Bab Mansour, the most important and significant of the gates of Meknes. You will then head to the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail which is a very important site where tourists are asked to dress appropriately out of respect. You will visit the granaries of MoulayIsmail, this is a grain store and is one of the most important monument of the imperial city, built with walls of beaten clay mixed with stones and straw. We will then enter into the heart of the medina across the square El-Hedim and visit the market and souk. You will continue your journey onto Tangier where you will have the chance to try the local seafood and spend the evening in a hotel.
- After Breakfast you will transfer to the airport according to your flight schedule, we will assist you during boarding formalities and wish you a happy return to your country.
NOTE : If the itineraries that we offer does not match what you’re looking for ,contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.